S.A.L.T. stands for Seniors and Law Enforcement Together.
What is S.A.L.T.'s purpose?
· To decrease crime and the "fear" of crime in order to raise livability for our seniors.
· To increase and improve senior crime prevention and education.
· To improve local law enforcement's knowledge of the crime prevention needs of seniors.
· To identify the concerns of local senior citizens.
· To improve senior victim assistance.
· To involve senior citizens in crime prevention and the educational efforts of S.A.L.T. and to raise awareness of the community of these special issues.
What can S.A.L.T. do?
S.A.L.T. Council activities can include the following:
· Monthly programs on issues seniors have identified, i.e., telemarketing scams, mail theft, check fraud, fake stimulus checks, etc.
· Refrigerator cards which list crucial medical and emergency information about a resident with special needs to aid emergency personnel dispatched to the home.
· Neighborhood Watch programs to address the specific concerns of senior neighbors.
Sweet Home S.A.L.T. members meet on the first Thursday of the month at the Senior Center on 18th Avenue.
Call Gina Riley at the Sweet Home Police Department for more information.